DNA - Code of Life

Some weeks ago I stumbled about the blog of gwenbeads. Apart from many mathematical beaded beads you can find a video tutorial for DNA earrings. It’s obvious that my inner scientist have to have one.
Contrary to the tutorial I put the color code in the middle of the helix next to the buggle beads. I did this because the outer sugar-phosphate-backbone is the same for each nucleotide. The difference lies in the bases within the helix - adenine, guanine, thymine, cytosine. Here I used the colors: nickel, black, silver (galvanized) and jet-haematite.
I converted my nickname into an amino acid sequence by using the 1-Letter code: Ala-Leu-Glu-Stop (there’s no X so I used the stop codon next to Y [Tyr]). By the genetic code you can translate it into a base sequence as long as you don’t make a mistake like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment